Bodysuit by FOR LOVE & LEMONS, Jeans by IRO, Heels by SAM EDELMAN
Hairspray and Highheels, yes please:) Nothing feels more sexy and effortless than a bodysuit, jeans, and highheels. Khloe Kardashian has that look on lock!
Why the Bodysuit Trend is So Popular
For starters, you can’t beat the smooth, chic look of a bodysuit. It hugs your body like a glove. Secondly, everyone and their famous friends have been seen sporting the bodysuit trend: Selena Gomez, Gigi Hadid, Vanessa Hudgens, and all the Kardashians, and that’s saying something.
- The fit is flattering. They’re the ideal “top” for high-waisted shorts, pants and pencil skirts. There’s no need for constant adjusting and tucking with a body-hugging bodysuit.
- The fabrics are super soft and comfy. Perfect for lounging around in the heat of summer, just slip on a denim skirt, grab your sunnies and sandals and you’re ready to go!
- And they’re just so sexy. Slip on a plunging V-neck bodysuit, short shorts and strappy high heels and work it, Queen.
Types of Bodysuits You’ll Want In Your Wardrobe
The versatility of the bodysuit is unbeatable. Thanks to the bodysuit trend rising in popularity, you can discover how to wear a bodysuit in form-fitting styles that suit your needs in tons of colors, cuts and fabrics.
- Scoop-neck and plunging necklines are available everywhere, but don’t forget to look for more unique lace-up, cutout and off-the-shoulder styles to stand out.
- Sleek, backless bodysuits pair well jeans or flowing skirts. Try contrasting skin-on-top to more fabric on the bottom to create balance in your outfit.
- Buy a long-sleeved turtleneck bodysuit to help summer dresses transition into autumn by pairing the look with tights, tall boots and plush sweaters.
- For those who dare to bare even more boldly, bodysuits are also available in leather, lace, and mesh. Think Ariana Grande in her black and silver miniskirt number in the “Focus” music video.
Ways to Wear a Bodysuit
With its transition from ballet dancer uniform to a multi-style piece ready to wear at a moment’s notice, the bodysuit trend is here to stay. Whether you’re gearing up for a night out or just want to look your best while grabbing groceries, the bodysuit has you covered.
- Go bohemian with a gauzy flowing skirt, a pastel bodysuit and flower crown. Don’t forget the fringe purse and sandals.
- Whether you’re busty or flat-chested, bodysuits expertly hold everything in place for a sleek silhouette. Pair with a smooth t-shirt bra for extra support or a lacy bralette for stylish coverage.
- Be a boss like Kim K. in a black bodysuit, black pencil skirt and fierce overcoat on your way to the office.
- Whether you favor skinny jeans or bootcut, the bodysuit trend pairs with denim like a match made in heaven.
- Pair a bodysuit with a pair of professional trousers and blazer to give traditional menswear a look that is uniquely feminine.
Do It Yourself Expert Angela Jean, also known as the How to Hottie®, is your go to girl for fashion on a budget. Angela’s desire to create, design, and revamp clothing started at a very young age. Raised with four sisters by a single dad, money was tight so revamping hand-me-downs on a budget was a necessity. Luckily after a few fashion flops the skill eventually came natural to Angela, and has stayed with her through the years. The struggle that she experienced in her younger years is now a skill set that she loves sharing with others, she knows it is not her grandma’s way or the pro's way, but it is HER WAY. With hundreds of Ehow.com segments under her DIY tool belt, Angela knows how to successfully explain what it takes to turn your idea into reality -
You can now find all of her fashion hacks on her youtube channel RunwayDoneMyWay or download her How-to Hottie Handbook series for fashion on the go tips where she hopes to inspire the creative side in all of you.